Saturday, September 14, 2013

Here's Johnny!

It's been a long looooong time since I've checked in here. Truth be told, the house building process has been kicking my butt! Any time I would normally spend blogging has been sucked up by spending hours on end researching tile, carpet, paint colors, faucets, dishwashers, tile...DOOR HINGES people!! Door hinges. Sometimes it's great to have options...other times not so much. So it's pretty much left me up to my eyeballs in interior selections...in Cincy...where the most popular selections don't tend to be quite what I'm looking for. I somehow stumbled across a photo of from the movie the Shining a few days ago and honestly could not stop laughing. I'm not sure which side of the door I've been on...probably both at one time or another over the last 8 weeks. You know....all psycho and sweaty banging the door down with an ax...either that or on the other side just trying to scramble out of a window that's not open far enough to escape.
house.


The good news is...we are about a day away from being finished with the selections process. Today we did our site walk and there was a family of deer in our backyard....finally a glimmer of hope. A hole will be dug this week....hopefully you won't find me at the bottom of it with a 5th of moonshine in the weeks to come. I have faith...and the best damn faucets known to woman kind!!

I'm truly sorry for my absence. I wouldn't have popped my head in here at this point if I didn't feel like I could really commit to being back (I've been doing a LOT of thinking about this little space in the blog-o-sphere...and have dug deep about throwing it in...but to tell you the truth, I feel SO stifled when I don't share the creative chaos that runs my brain!

  post signature

No comments: