Monday, May 6, 2013

A place to call home.

We'll hello there ladies and gents! I cannot believe it has been two weeks since I did a blog post! wowza!! Time is just going by way.too.fast. at this point!   I spent 7 days of that time once again on the hunt for a new house in Cincy. I have to tell you guys, our realtor is a saint!! In our two house hunting trips, he showed us 57 houses. Yes.....FIFTY SEVEN!!  Can you believe not one of them was a perfect match for us?? Not.a.single.one. He loves us.

So, you ask....What does one do when not one of  57 house cut the mustard?? Clearly you find a plot of land and build your own damn house!!

  Our piece of Ohio! #homesweethome  

This gal could not be more excited!! We are building a custom home. Designed by us form the ground up. {happy dance!} I know the process will be challenging but I think we have a very clear vision of what we want and we both recognize how truly blessed we are to be able to do something like this!  We have fallen in love with the community that we will be living in...the video alone had me at Hello.


It's a bit further out from the city than we had anticipated being but for some reason I felt most at home in Carriage Hill over any other place we looked at in Ohio. It's beautiful and it spoke to me immediately.... rolling hills, horses, streams, bike trails, the most incredible old barn you have ever seen  and the bonus...Target and Starbucks are less than 4 miles away. So this SoCal city loving gal is going country.  I know we will fit in just fine......leopard pants and all!


  post signature

4 comments:

Paula Prass said...

Looks wonderful. Can't wait to see the plans and concept.

Sweet Baby Jamie said...

How exciting! We did the same thing..it's a lot of work but so worth it!!

The Balch Bunch said...

so exciting!! congrats!!!!

Anonymous said...

Lady S - nothing beats a custom home. Cant wait to see the plans. Will it be Modern English country ? Exciting...
MOX