Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Life lately. A random Wednesday post

Randomness numero uno::
Life lately is a bit chaotic. I keep telling myself "If I can just get through this week, next week it will slow down" but it just isn't happening. So is life I guess! Better than being boring right?? At least it's colorful good energy chaos! Believe me, I'm not complaining one bit. I'm in the thick of making dance costumes....many of them...for a competition that is next weekend. So I'll be buried under a colorful pile of fabrics and trim for the next week and a half. Fun stuff!!

  IMG_2207 

I love creating when it's over the top glitter and sequins and such. After re-working some dance costumes last year and using glitter tulle I swore I would never use it again. Ever! I literally JUST got it all cleared out of the studio. I found traces of it for almost a year. So why WHYYYYYYYYYYY did I find myself buying 10 yards of it while downtown yesterday?? Some people never learn!! Truthfully because it was the PERFECT color and no one carried it in that color without the glitter. Good thing is we are moving in four months :) Hopefully a full tear down of the studio will rid me of that nasty glitter. I'm thinking about relocating my sewing table to our basketball court and sewing outside this weekend as it's going to be 80 degrees. That way I'll get a little sun and won't have any glitter in the studio.

Numero Dos::
On another bright note... my new winter coat arrived.  I have been eyeing this bad boy since I got the Juicy look book many moons ago (I think early fall) It's fabulous!



Source: 6pm.com via Simone on Pinterest


And I'm sure will be the perfect winter coat for Ohio winters. What's that?? You're thinking it's not going to be warm enough?  Yes, I know it's a cape. I'm sure it will be warm enough though...please just let me live in my my pretty little state of denial. Btw--- it's on serious sale right HERE!! currently 65% off ladies! I know!! You are welcome! It's the perfect winter coat!!  You wont be cold and you'll certainly look good...and I'm sure you will fit in in Cincy! #stickoutlikealeopardprintthumb

Numero Tres::
My dad is coming to town next weekend!! I haven't seen him since Thanksgiving and I CAN'T WAIT!!  I'm the biggest daddy's girl you will ever meet so I am really looking forward to seeing him. Check out this throwback pic of he and my mom in. Hi mom! Don't kill me for posting this!

IMG_2212

We were in San Juan, Puerto Rico circa 1990...you know, when matching Sally Jessie Raphael glasses were big...and overalls! And one too many Bacardi's!  My parents are the best!  Love you guys!  This photo is proudly displayed on a memo board by my desk. The memo board also has all of our Christmas cards from the last 6 years and a photo of my and Brian's grandfathers sitting on a bench, talking to each other at our wedding... It's one of my all time fave pics. I wish I would have taken a pic of that to share with all of you. Another day, I guess. I'm feeling nostalgic lately.....starting to get a little clingy while contemplating the big move ahead.

Linking up with Shanna for Random Wednesday. Hop on over to her fabulous blog to read all about her over-thinkings ;) We all have a little of that in us!



  post signature

2 comments:

The Balch Bunch said...

you know I am now obsessed with that coat! LOVE!!and freaking glitter tulle is crazy annoying but oh so cute!

Womens Coats And Jackets said...

Beautiful coat!! Great blog.