Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Silence. Peace. Sequins.

Today is supposed to be a bloggers day of silence in support of Sandy Hook so it seems a bit off that it's the day I am popping back in here. I feel like I have been under a rock but today feels like the day I should get back to it...and since I'm really never one to be silent I have to tell you I have never been so personally effected by a tragedy. I can't turn on the news or the radio and am trying to really steer clear of social media as well. It's all just.too.much.to.digest.... And pretty much just sends me into tears. Fridays tragedy is senseless, sad, desperate and bewildering and leaves me for the most part speechless-- Which is a rarity. For some reason I just can't get my head wrapped around it. Do we need more God in the world? Do we need fewer guns? More awareness of mental illness? Police officers in every school? To arm principals? I don't know. I don't think there is an answer....maybe that's the worst part. Or maybe the answer is this-- there is good in this world and that is what we need to focus on. Remember those that were lost and everyone affected by this senseless act  by being kind, loving, giving. See the good. Spend some time celebrating each other. And stop to enjoy those little moments that make life magical.

Sparkle

Wishing the world peace, happiness and hope.

If you would like to make a donation to the families that were directly affected by this horrific tragedy you can visit this page. "Newtown Youth and Family Services, Inc. provides programs, services, activities, counseling, support groups and education throughout the Greater Newtown area."

  post signature

No comments: