Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Random Wednesday - shoes, a shoot, art and coffee

A bunch of randomness for your Wednesday--

 1.I go crazy over our holiday cards every year. It started a few years ago when we did a family photo shoot with one of my all time fave photographers and the madness just never stopped from there. I will warn you, once you send out one card with professional photos, there is no turning back, so be cautious. Last year I got a little artys and interesting and added one of my all time fave quotes to the back of our card and now I feel like I have to go one above that...or at least stay on par. This year will be no different. I'm still searching for the perfect quote but the photos are finished and I can't wait to share the with you. Warning-- I'll most likely wait until I send out Christmas cards as I like them to be a surprise! Here's one little teeny sneak.... 
It did involve sequins!

Remnants 

I was jumping for joy at the shoot-- in my polka dot calf hair shoes. My SIL took the pics and I styled everything, gosh that would be my dream job! Just show up and make things pretty then leave all the technical stuff to someone else! Yes please!! How do I find employment doing that?? If you are looking for some great websites to order cards from, I love tinyprints.com as well as minted.com and also Paper Source.  Tiny prints and Minted both offer a really gorgeous pearlized paper that I absolutely love!

2. I stopped into Erin's blog today and loved her idea of a Holiday Bucket List so thought I would make one of my own.
Holiday bucket list


3. I bought this beauty on Cyber Monday and can hardly wait for it to arrive.
What's holiday shopping if you don't have a "one for you, one for me" type of attitude, right??  I"m not sure if it will make it under the tree. We had one of these in our hotel room in Key West and it makes the most delish espresso in the world. Such a treat!

4.  If you are looking to add something a little more masculine to your decor, you can do it for just a few bucks. I found our family crests online and using a pencil traced them onto good quality paper, I then went over the pencil lines with a sharpie. I found two rose gold frames and the dollar store (score!!) cut the paper down to size and these will be adding a scosh of manly to our gallery wall.

Rose gold frames #dollartree #loot

Aaand that about wraps up this bunch of randomness! Christmas cards, sequins, bucket list, espresso maker and a quick art project. All good stuff!

Happy Random Wednesday! Linking up with the always gorgeous Shanna and The Pleated Poppy.


post signature

3 comments:

Amber said...

I need those shoes!! Where can I find theM?

Just Another Shopaholic said...

Those flats are soo cute!!

smk053078 said...

Can't wait to see your cards!!! I just finished mine last night! I can't wait until they get here!! And I am sooooooo sad I didn't get those loafers!! They sold out online when I tried to order a month or so ago. Cutest shoes EVER!!! And I need to make a bucket list for Christmas. So fun!!! Thanks for linking up, lady!! xoxo