Monday, November 5, 2012

Past and present - camping and fashion

Hi gorgeous! How was your weekend? I spent the first half of the weekend camping.....yes, like in a tent...that kind of camping. Camping is not my thing and I know this-- But Avery is in a girl scout troop and one of the leaders could not make it to this camping trip (or so she said! lol) and of course no one else stepped up...mostly because they are not crazy and know their limits...so I did. Because I wanted the girls to go and have fun and make memories. I frooooooooze at night due to be utterly unprepared with a down comforter instead of a sleeping bag - I have only camped in a tent on the beach in July before...never in November. I for sure thought I would fit in with an orange and camo hat but I'm pretty sure I still stuck out like a sore thumb....I also think the early morning Starbucks run kinda' gave me away as well! You can see many more comical pics of my weekend on Instagram (simonehowell) I got through it and the girls had a blast.   How cute are they all walking arm in arm with their flashlights. That moment made it all worth it.


Yesterday afternoon we had a great time just hanging out as a family before Olivia is gone for the week. Olivia is on her way to science camp for the week with her sixth grade class. We will have no contact with her at all-- For the entire week. I know she will be just fine as she was born independent, that one! I'm so proud of what a great young lady she is turning into. Here she is a with a few of her friends before getting ready to board the bus this morning. I've known all of these girls since they were 5...some of them are taller than me now. Time just flies, I tell you!!

Some of The girls! Love them!!

It will be interesting just having one of them around this week. I'm pretty sure it will be very quiet!! We will miss the sassafrass but enjoy a little one on one time with the babydoll. (do you have nicnames for your kids too?)

 Moving on - here's a head up - Mark your calendar for Wednesday. The Narciso Rodriguez line for Kohl's is coming out. I had a hard time today previewing it through the Kohl's site but found a great lookbook at Fashionologie.  This outfit in particular will be making it's way to my closet. I d.ie. over the pants especially.



There are some really great dresses and jackets in the line as well some tuxedo leggings that are on my list.  It's a great time to add some really beautiful and affordable pieces to your closet!! Mark your calendars and line up ladies, the days of camping are over!!

Also, be sure to swing by Shannas blog for the Gardenhouse clutch giveaway if you have not already done so!

Linking up with lovely ladies for Weekend update
 

as well as Molly for #YOLO mondays.

stillbeingmolly











  How was your weekend?  What are your plans for the week ahead??

post signature

5 comments:

Jeans and a Teacup said...

I used to go camping a lot as a kid back in PA but haven't gone since I've been in CA. I'm pretty sure I'd be a wimp about it though...I hate being cold and getting dirty! haha...
~Jessica
http://jeansandateacup.blogspot.com/

Andrea {blonde ambitions} said...

I have to admit I'm not much of a camper but I really liked your camping "kit" you posted on IG :) Hope you have a good time with your little one this week!! BTW, I just LOVE your clutch you are giving away on Shanna's blog. So pretty!

The Balch Bunch said...

your pics while camping were cracking me up! loved them! I cannot wait for that line to come out... thanks for posting that link I cannot get a good preview through Kohl's site either :(

smk053078 said...

You are a GREAT mom!!! Way to step up to the plate!! I am NOT a tent kind of girl either! LOL!! Olivia will do great at science camp!! How fun is that...a whole week! WOW! And I am gonna have to check out this new line at Kohls. Thanks for sharing!! Hope the giveaway has been successful for you thus far! xoxo

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

That's awesome! I was camping for two weekends in Australia (for work) and I agree - not fun! But at least your daughter and her friends appreciate it :)