Thursday, October 4, 2012

Typography wall art DIY

Next week Brian and I will have been married for 15 years. We already celebrated by treating the family to a Key West vacation but I think I might treat myself to a day of crafting something special for our bedroom. We have quite a few bare walls in there and I am loving the idea of song lyrics on the wall. I found an absolutely BRILLIANT DIY for this and have to share it with all of you. Alisa Burke is genius and crafted the perfect tutorial for this!! Do you love the piece she did for her living rooom?

She created in using....wait for it....it really is genius....shoe polish!! Kiwi leather scuff cover to be exact.
Another piece for a little inspo....

Source: google.com via Simone on Pinterest

This one could be accomplished with a stencil. It would be quite a bit more time consuming and I'm not sure I have the patience for it! lol.



I don't think this would be too difficult or expensive. You could use a drop cloth painted in a coat of white house paint and then nailed on to even a large piece of plywood which could be mounted on the wall.  Do you love typography as decor?? I have in just about every room in one way or another.

 post signature

1 comment:

smk053078 said...

Happy early anniversary! Have so much fun on the vacay! And if you do this project, make sure to post!!!