Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Fashionable and kind

October is Bullying prevention awareness month. Bullying is one thing I absolutely cannot stand. Being a mom to two girls I hear about it all the time. I have seen it in my daughters class since kindergarten if you can believe that.  Last year it was happening within my daughters circle of friends. Sad. I just have no patience for it. It is a direct result of insecurity, nothing more, nothing less. I continually tell my girls "your friends should treat you kindly all the time. If they don't then you need to look for different friends." My girls treat their friends the way expect to be treated.  I'm proud of my kind, beautiful, CONFIDENT, SECURE girls! Today I thought I would dress the part with my Sugarland concert t-shirt. It has some of the lyrics to Stand Up on the back. Have you heard that song? It's fab. Pertinent and meaningful.  You can watch a live performance of it here.


Bar III Black floral pants one of my fave brands (on serious sale!! $37!! ). The snake print heels are old. You can find similar ones here.

bullying


In lieu of a concert tee, I would recommend this Rachel Roy Bullying is never fashionable tee. I love a designer with a cause. Rachel Roy is one of my faves. Oh and I can't forget a little detail -- I pulled my hair into a high pony and used a wrap bracelet to adorn my ponytail. Fun and fashionable.

Be fashionable but more importantly, be kind!  Negativity speaks volumes about someone.  


Linking up with some sweet gals. Stop on over to check out what everyone else s Loving Lately!   

 post signature

3 comments:

Niki Caron said...

I am obsessed with those pants!!! Thanks for linking up!!

Elegance Personified said...

Hi there Simone. I am Ada. I just stumbled upon your blog and so happy I did. Your posts are cute as are the great outfits you create through Polyvore. I adore the floral pants on today's post.

Oh what a great cause. I didin't know October was the month against bullying.

The best thing about blogging is the new people we meet daily. I would love for you to check out my blog and support me by following me as I am your newest follower as well. Thanks a lot, Ada. =)

http://elegancepersonification.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

lady S - thumbs up for blogging for a cause - you look like a vogue tear sheet - fab ensemble & I love those skinnies - except i am missing your long legs, so no chance for me to look good in them -
MOX