Thursday, October 4, 2012

A new outlook

It's What I wore Wednesday...the late night version! We spent the day driving home from my parents place in NorCal and then running around to dance classes while trying to unpack and get a little laundry done...I know, it's all glamour around here! I spent some time on pinterest while we were up north and came across an outfit that literally made me dance a little bit for many reasons {should I admit to things like that?} First, I have a pleated maxi skirt hanging in my closet. It still has the tags on it...from Marshall's on super duper clearance. I had every intention of wearing it....it just never happened. Possibly due to the fact that I have never found the right thing to wear it with....and I think it looks kind of horrible on me! Pleats and I do not get along. I have always known this....but I had seen so many other gals looking so cute in this style that I figured I could make it work for me too! Bad idea. Anyway, I think my problem has been solved!

slouchy chic


Sweater / Chiffon maxi skirt / Type Z lace up shoes / BCBG Max Azria high heel boots / GUESS jewelry / Michael Kors / Forever 21 rhinestone jewelry / ASOS collar necklace / BCBGeneration / Timex Originals Easy Reader
 Go with the slouchy look! A loose but well cut grey sweater glammed up with a faux fur scarf or sequined collar necklace. Accessorized accordingly. I can't wait to wear that skirt now! I thought about just cutting my losses and getting rid of it last time I cleaned out my closet but just couldn't do it...so glad!

Another option I thought about after finding this fab little vest DIY on pinterest....

A crisp white tee and DIY faux fur vest....add a vintage brooch?? Yes please!! There is so much DIY inspo on pinterest I can hardly stand it! My Knit Sew board can be found here...and DIY here.

Do you have anything in your closet that you are just waiting to figure out?? Check pinterest for inspiration!

Linking up with What I wore Wednesday at The Pleated Poppy as well as Oh How Pinteresting at the Vintage Apple.

post signature

No comments: