Friday, September 28, 2012

Running shoes not allowed...

Happy Stylish Friday, my lovelies! What are your plans for the weekend? The girls have fall break next week and we are heading up to my parents for a few days this weekend but not before the big elementary school student council elections. Olivia is running for school president so this mama is on edge today. Olivia will be speaking in front of half of the school. She has absolutely no problem standing up in front of 300 kids to speak. It blows my mind! Please send some positive vibes her way! She is running against 3 other girls, one of them being a very close friend of hers. No boys for prez, interesting, right?? Girls rule the world!

This morning I was dropping the girls off at school and was then heading over to meet a friend for a run. I had gym clothes on. Olivia asked if I was going to come watch her speech and then said "you are going to change, right?" I told her I wasn't planning on it as time was going to be crunched. Ha! That didn't go over very well. Apparently she and her friends hold me to the highest standards and I must never be seen in gym clothes. Maybe I should change the name of my blog to running in heels! lol. Soooooo what's a mama to do?
I love a good romper, a floral rug and an animal print slipper chair! #patternallover

Run fast, get ready even faster and head over to school looking like I had not been about to die on the side of the road a half hour earlier! Sporting a fun printed silk romper and a pair of booties...because even though it is going to be in the 90's today, I refuse to accept summer any longer! So, the romper will keep me cool and the booties will help me feel like it really is fall.

dress versatility


I love a versatile piece that can work in any season and just like my romper today, this BCBG Max Azria dress works it. It's on SALE SALE {55% off!!} at 6pm.com. {yes, yes I do stalk 6pm on a daily basis. You should too!} Look at how well this dress can transition from day to night, work to weekend, aaannnd it's an animal print. Hello!  Happy Stylish Friday.

Linking up with My Friday Fancies at Long Distance Loving and Casual Friday at TwoThirftyFive designs.

post signature

1 comment:

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

I pretty much need that vest!

And I really need to start running lol.