Wednesday, August 15, 2012

What I wore. Wednesday.

Well I feel pretty proud today! I have clearly not been holding up my end of the deal (if there is such a thing) here on the blog...but today...today is What i wore Wednesday. And my post is just that. What I wore. And it's here on Wednesday. Bonus! I'm feeling really energized this week. The kids go back to school on Thursday and i have been up early trying to adjust myself back to some sort of routine. I kinda' like getting up early again. So, here's the rundown of a few wearables from this week so far. Last week I hit Forever21 with the tweenfashionista and couldn't resist buying both of these shirts for myself. One of the was $15. Seriously. Can't wait to wear both of them. The top on the right I am showing the back...how fab, right? Love an open-ish back. I need to find a pair of coated black jeans to wear this with. On the shopping list :)

F21

Unfortunately it's BOILING here! Over 104 every.single.day. so poly with sleeves is not in the mix right now. Although Maxi skirts, mixing prints and vintage necklaces are in the mix! If you are wondering how to pull off the mixed prints look, think scale. Both of these prints are small and both contain black so this works. Steer clear of mixing two large scale prints or prints that don't relate in at least one color.

Wiww

I have had this vintage Vendome necklace forever. I love it. And don't wear it often enough. I wore it twice in three days and resolve to add it to the rotation more often. Search "vintage vendome necklace" on Etsy if you are pining for one yourself.

On the blog

Yesterday was still a scorcher...although just under the radar of "too hot to even open the curtains." I had to organize and set up a teacher breakfast at the girls school so I wore some old school Gap boyfriends jeans for ease and comfort. The top was a TJMaxx find and another vintage bauble necklace that is in the shop (had to give it a test drive, ya' know. Perks.)

Linking up with The Pleated Poppy for What I wore Wednesday.
pleated poppy

Swing on over there, say Hi and explore some great blogs!

post signature

5 comments:

cate @ wild ruffle said...

Love your pattern mixing - and the jewelry is super fun too!

Amy Shaughnessy said...

Both tops are so cute! I love F21. You just can't go wrong in that store.

Amy


Fashion and Beauty Finds

smk053078 said...

That's my girl getting some Forever 21 goodies. I seriously almost bought the top on the right yesterday!!! You always look so put together! Stay cool....it's a scorcher here too!
Shanna

The Preppy Student said...

love those tops! forever 21 is a heaven for cheap and cute ! Have a happy Thursday and be sure to check out my giveaway ending tonight!. BTW I am your newest follower and cannot wait to read more of your posts and hope that maybe you can return the favor and follow The Preppy Student. I always comment for every comment left on my page and hope to start a friendly relationship with your wonderful blog! clothes

Andrea {blonde ambitions} said...

Love your new tops! The vintage necklace is great too, I am thinking I might need one for myself :)