Monday, July 2, 2012

Weekend, wine and wearings

Did you have a fanstatic weekend? We sure did. I spent part of Saturday in the studio working on gifts for my soon to be arriving nephew and a few fun things for my nieces too.
Weekend

And spent the afternoon doing things  like grocery shopping shopping for fruit to load up into the juicer and washing the car and even though these are not my favorite or usual things to do on the weekend, they were fun because Mr. H and I did them together. We were busy little bees because we knew we wanted to spend Sunday relaxing and enjoying our time taking in Solvang and wine tasting in Los Olivos. If you are in the SoCal area I would highly recommend hitting the Los Olivos area. It is GORGEOUS! Our first stop was Rideau Vineyards. O.M.Gosh! Soooo gorgeous!!

Weekend
Brian and I both agreed that if we were ever to get married again - to each other of course-- we would get married here. It's pictured on the top right. So many roses that they actually scent the air when you are walking along the path. Their wines were fabulous. I was actually a bit surprised as they don't age their whites in oak barrels, they put them in Stainless barrels which I have never been a fan of as I love a heavier oaky white ...buuuutt... their whites were fabulous! Their reds were great too. Lot's of wonderful blends which I am always a huge fan of. The best part about this winery, though is that they have wine on tap! Oh yes! Wine on tap! And they bottle it in jugs called "Growlers"  Equivalent to 2.5 bottles of wine. Yes, we'll have a wine growler please!

Rideau vineyards


We tasted both the red and the white - both were blends- and ultimatly decided on the white as we're going to be giving it to my dad for part of his birthday gift. I'm a sucker for anything a little different so this was an easy buy for us!We also hit a few other wineries. Firestone has a great view and they have free concerts on Friday nights which we are going to try to come back for....but we'll see as it's a bit of a trek. On the way home we stopped for a few sparklers at one of the 6000 fireworks booths that are set up along the 126. Looking forward to July 4th. How about you??

Linking up with these fabulous gals for a little weekend roundup!



post signature

5 comments:

smk053078 said...

What a great day at the winery! We have some amazing ones about 2 hours from me. This is one of the main reasons I want to visit SoCal soon! Glad you guys enjoyed yourself!!
xo,
Shanna

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

I'm totally going to have to visit the area - thanks for the wine country tip!

And thanks for linking up :)

Sami said...

I would love to go to a wine tasting! Sadly I don't think there is any in Colorado! Guess I'll be making a trip to California soon :) Thanks for linking up!

Carly said...

Looks so fun! Have you been to Malibu wines? It's local, and they have concerts there too! It's my favorite in town getaway spot!

Carly
www.lipglossandcrayons.com

Andrea {blonde ambitions} said...

So fun! I love the idea of a growler! I am within an hour of several wineries and I just love visiting them, especially when they have live music!