Thursday, July 26, 2012

Art. Deco.

Is your decorating a never ending project?? Mine seems to be! I'm still working on our living room decor. My green drapes are finally up. I.heart.them--for.realseis. I now need to get everything back up on the walls (yes, from when I painted over spring break...eek) This past week I started thinking about my gallery wall and which pieces I will re-use and what is missing. I have a few vintage oils that need "manning up" a bit as I am a little nervous that I'm going a little too glam for Brian. I'd like something black and white and graphic. I'm hoping I can find something already done but if not, I am open to doing a piece myself. Glitter Guide featured Art Deco inspired dresses yesterday and it got me thinking --their graphic nature really spoke to me!

Dress number 4 in the form of a canvas is EXACTLY what I am looking for and I think it would be pretty easy to create with some black and gold paint.

I have also been scouring etsy for a few pieces. I don't want anything big box. Love this...

Source: etsy.com via Simone on Pinterest

think I might need to add it to the mix. Do you have any suggestions on how I can add a little masculinity to our space or any pieces or art that you absolutly love? I'd love to hear about them!

 post signature

1 comment:

Carly said...

I love the sleeved dress, so pretty!

Carly
www.lipglossandcrayons.com