Monday, June 4, 2012

A productive loungy weekend

Happy Monday Gorgeous! I woke up thinking "One more after today" That's right, just one more Monday until summer vacay! We were in full on summer mode this weekend with friend here until late, even last night on a school night. It just feels like summer vacation already. I was inspired to make a few loungy outfits for the girls this weekend. I absolutely love how they turned out. Shorts fashioned from Daily Candy fabric from Spoonflower along with a sweet comfy flowy top.

Loungers


Really quick and easy to make. For the shorts I just used a simplicity pants pattern and shortened as needed. I will say one thing about pants patterns. Hold them up to your child once cut out as many of them have too much fabric in the front - I had to adjust the waist band to be lower or Avery would have ended up with her pants three inches above her belly button! I do love the result.

Loungers

Love the pink shorts (Art Gallery fabrics) and the contrast neon bow top. So fun! Avery said she would like a set for every night of the week and of course her sis wants the same. I had better get a move on. Clearly still no chance to make my curtains yet. Thinking about having someone else do them....THAT would be nice!

 post signature

1 comment:

sweeter than cupcakes said...

Still loving these sets! I'm so glad you posted them, because I'm about to pin them to keep something like it in mind for my Avery.