Monday, June 25, 2012

Get your crafting heels on!

Craft Wars premiers June 26th my lovely, chic, crafty, friends!! I was so excited to be asked to screen the premier episode and I must say....I was not disappointed! In each episode of CRAFT WARS, hosted and executive produced by Tori Spelling, three talented crafters are supplied with every crafting tool they could dream of, furnished by Michaels, the arts and crafts store, as well as some unexpected items. First, they'll face off in the Pop Craft challenge, where they must create one of the craft worlds most popular items in just one hour. Epised one is a BAG! Ha! Could have nailed that one to the wall!! Although I will say, one hour to make a bag is a challenge for anyone! The top two contestants then move on to the Master Craft Challenge for a chance to win the $10,000 prize. It's really a brilliant show. Have yourself a little sneek peek



The judges are fabulous! Chic, stylish and very knowledgable. Erica Domesek, style maven and author of the DIY book, PS I Made This, Stephen Brown, author and founder of the multi-million dollar gift wear company Glitterville Studios (let me tell you I am a sucker for a man with dark hair and blue eyes! He is adorbs!) and Jo Pearson author and creative expert for Michaels, she is the knowledge guru here! Tori Spelling is the host and is true to her usual sweet, fabulous, stylish self! The show was very fast moving! I couldn't actually believe it was over when it was! Time flew by when watching it and I found myself actually feeling a bit stressed for the contestants! I think that's the thing I liked most about the show....being able to really identify with the challenge as a crafter myself-- This show will appeal to the creative spirit in all of us and I am sure it's going to be a huge success.

CW judges with tori in pink dress

Episode One aires on TLC Tuesday June 26th. On my birthday eve! Make sure you tune in....it's going to a fab show! Now I'm off to get my craft on! The kids are at their grandparents house for the week and I have a long list of needs and wants out of the week. Sewing today, downtown tomorrow, zipper pouches and beach bags for the shop, curtains and a gallery wall for the house, handmade jewelry and DIY candles for myself. And of course I'll be re-watching Craft Wars tomorrow night at 10/9C on TLC. Be sure to tune in and let me know what you thought; after all-- who doesn't love a pink dress, studded moto jacket, Donna Martin and getting your craft on all in one place! Make it chic! 

post signature

No comments: