Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day fun.

Happy Monday! How was your weekend? Mine was fantastic! Saturday night we had a great time entertaining friends and Sunday we all slept in and then celebrated Mother's day...all day! I was showered with gifts in the morning and breakfast made to order. Then the girls and I went out to lunch, had a fun little shopping spree at Sephora, hit our local cupcake shop and then came home to swim and sew. All while Brian was getting my oil changed and my car washed - he's a smart man! I made dresses for both of the girls last night...and the best gift of all is that Olivia actually wanted to wear hers to school today! I can't believe it!! She looked adorbs! It was a really simple dress to make...short in front, long in back, raw hem, from a cute knit print fabric. She added a silk leopard print belt-- the apple doesn't fall far from the tree!  I'll share pics tomorrow as I didn't get a chance to photo her on the way out (we are not morning peeps...and especially not on Mondays!)

These two are growing up so fast but I really love them at this age! We recently did a photo shoot with the crazy talented  Sara Achich in lieu of taking photos at the dance studio on a white background and overpaying for sub-par photos. Can you believe these two? They are amazing girls. Smart, funny and KIND! Kindness seems to be getting more and more rare in kids these days...which is sad because I think nastiness is taught!! Parenting is challenging, as is designing,and I am so glad I was able to make a dress that my fashionista 11 year old wanted to wear and that her 9 year old sis would have worn as well if she thought she could get away with going to school in a similar dress as her sis on the same day. I hope you all had a fantastic Mothers Day and are feeling as accomplished as I on this Monday morning.

 post signature

2 comments:

Ioana-Carmen said...

Happy mothers day! following u right now :X

annechovie said...

You are a great mom, Simone. That's such a blessing to have kind AND beautiful daughters. Glad you enjoyed Mother's Day! xo