Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Love on the rocks

Love me some Neil Diamond! How about you? February is the month of Love!
Are you looking for a really fun random acts of kindness sort of activity to do with the kids? How cute is this??


Find a bunch of rocks, paint hearts on them along and scatter them around town for others to find. The girls and I will for sure be doing this. I'm actually thinking about doing this as a fun Saturday afternoon activity for the girls and their friends...or possibly as a classroom activity. I would also like to add inspirational messages on the back of the rocks...maybe via paint pens. It will be nice for them to spend some time focusing on inspirational quotes.
Here are a few I could work into the mix:
Do all things with love
Do all things with kindness
There is nothing better than the encouragement of a good friend
Constant kindness can accomplish much.
Why give in to rudeness when you can fight back with kindness
When you are kind to someone in trouble, you hope they'll remember and be kind to someone else. And it'll become like a wildfire.
Rudeness is the weak persons imitation of strength. (do you think 5th graders would get that, because I have to tell you, this is the epitome of some of them!!)


Do you have any favorite quotes that you think would be fitting for 3rd and 5th graders? I would love to hear them!
post signature

No comments: