Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Opportunities

“We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year's Day.”  - Edith Lovejoy Pierce


I'm so excited for the New Year-- even Tuesday feels like Monday!  Today I'm working on slipcovers for some slipper chairs I have had sitting around for a few months. They are a super ugly worn blue velvet and I'm ready to give them a punch of chic!   (And I also need to get these chairs in the house as I've found new ones that I can't stop thinking about and they neeeeed to come home with me. But don't tell Mr. H as he is getting used to having more space in the garage :) Poor guy! 


It's another gorgeous day so I'm planning on something outside with the girls too....not sure what yet though.  I'm also mentally planning on how to re-work our front door table decor. I want something that I can keep through the summer. Maybe a sunburst mirror? And a few plants that I don't have to water! If there is such a thing.....

What are your plans for early this year?  I'd love to hear them!
post signature

No comments: