Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thankful for More Room

I am making more room-- It's the "glass half full" approach to this........I have decided to close the shop. It IS officially Thanksgiving day.  I am thankful that sometimes in the course of conversations things become very clear. I have been avoiding the studio for the last few weeks..... many weeks, actually. Almost dreading it.
We had company of Sunday and when a girlfriend asked "How's Gardenhouse?" My knee jeck reaction was "I'm taking a break."  And things suddenly became very clear. I've closed the shop.  Don't get me wrong, I LOVE designing, creating, making.....the shop churn has just lost it's luster. I have lost that drive to be up until 2am in the studio. Mostly due to the fact that when I am, so many things fall to the wayside.  I don't particularly feel like sharing the rest of the thoughts behind this at this time. So I'll focus on the positive...There is a plan for me. I just need to take a step back to figure out what it is and I'm so fortunate to be able to do this without a second thought.


I will still be making things...more of them!!   I have such a long list of projects and ideas and you will still be seeing lots of blog posts.
I hope you have a fabulous Thanksgiving. I'm planning a wonderful dinner and tablescape that I will be sure to share with you. Oh and I also have a china cabinet to "wallpaper" and a love seat to slip cover....but tomorrow is Thanksgiving. I'm going to relax and give thanks for my new found clarity. And to be happy.

Happy Thanksgiving to you.

post signature

2 comments:

Genevieve Gail said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Simone! Best of luck with wherever your path takes you :). You are so super talented, so I'm sure bigger and better things will be coming up down the road... XO

Anonymous said...

Lady S - Hope you had a Happy T Day - its your time now to do your own thing & re-charge yourself although whatever you create can be sold as you already have a customer following...so dont hesitate to share your wares. We love your style.
MOX