Thursday, November 17, 2011

Inspiration Workshop No. 21 - Thanksgiving

This weeks Inspiration Workshop prompt is {Thanksgiving} We are BIG Thanksgiving fans around here. It is Brian's favorite holiday - what man doesn't love a day of football and feasting?? I think he loves it more so because of the day itself-- a day to stop and take it all in, to take stock of our world, ourselves and our lives -- a day to really think about what we are grateful for.



I'm really looking forward to hanging out with my family, amazing food, great wine and setting the Thanksgiving table. I love any excuse to dress up a table top!! I'm hunting for new dishes this year and want to mix things up a bit, rustic and chic, vintage and modern. I found these amazing Colin Cowie gold croc print chargers that I am obsessed with but I think they must be from a past season and am having a really hard time finding them!!  I'll keep hunting! I have a hidden talent of being able to find just about anything online.


So far, I'm planning on metallic Tahari Home candles and deep coral colored Cynthia Rowley napkins as well as vintage brass candle holders. I also to work in vintage plates, something gold, a modern print (maybe a chevron) and also a little burlap. I'll be sure to post photos of the table when it's all set and ready to go. What are you looking most forward to? Be sure to stop by Gussy Sews for more Thanksgiving inspiration.
Gussy Sews Inspiration Workshop!

post signature

No comments: