Monday, November 14, 2011

11.11.11

Last week was for me, one of the most personally challenging weeks I can remember. I won't get into the details because I am choosing to move on and put it behind me...dwelling can bring the wrong energy into this world! The good from last week?? My Olivia turned 11. On 11-11.


Her party was great, she probably had one of the best weekends she can remember...and I did too! Since she is a Veterans Day baby, she has no school on her birthday-- every year! How cool is that? So we had her party on Friday. It was one of the easiest parties I have ever done. I'm not sure if it was because the girls are getting older or what!/! but we had a great time. We did a scavenger hunt at the mall. Brian and I split the girls into two teams and I made up riddles that they had to figure out. All the riddles applied to store windows in the mall. For instance, Express had Christmas Trees in their window (Can you believe holiday stuff is all up already?? I think it's too early!!) So the riddle was 'The Express train to Christmas tree lane" They had to figure out the store and what was in the window and then take a picture of it. I went to the mall the day before the party and took notes on the windows and stores. It was so super simple! Brian's team won-- only because they cheated :) lol. We all had a blast not running around the mall. I would highly recommend this sort of a party. We came home did presents, ate cake and played a few rounds of wink murderer until parents arrived. So great!!! Loved it!

One of the best parts of the celebration was making Liv's tie-dye cake. We have never made a birthday cake before-- is that sad?? The girls actually made the cakes together the night before, which I thought was so sweet, the two of them in the kitchen together-- Avery turned to me and said "It doesn't matter that we forgot to add the eggs does it??" Funny now. Not so funny then - four cake mixes, three trips to the grocery store, one two layer tie-dye cake. Lots of fun and memories for the girls. All in all, a great weekend!

So that is what took up the end of the week last week. I'm sorry I missed What I Wore (I actually had photos this time!lol), Inspiration Workshop and Friday's style file. I will do better this week.

post signature

No comments: