Wednesday, October 19, 2011

What I Wore Wednesday

I'm having a little party for myself as I actually got to photo two outfits from this week so I can participate in What I Wore Wednesday over at The Pleated Poppy. It's such a great concept and although I am not one that ever needs an excuse to pick the kids up from school in heels, I'll take it, ya know!

Look number one -- this was mid day after I had made a trip to the gym then to the flea market in sweats.  A little advice - don't go the the flea market in the outfit below unless you want to pay top dollar. Always wear something a little schleppy...and no fancy shoes!

Top: Forever21
Layering tank: Gap
Shorts: Joie
Necklace: Vintage - scored at the flea market that morning! {It's my new fave necklace}
Shoes (although you cannot see them) were brown platform sandals by Sam Edelman.

And today- the weatherman said it was going to be 78 so I opted for jeans - Ha! It was 85 when I went to pick the kiddos up. Fortunately I spent the entire day in the studio so had no idea until I stepped out the door at 2:45 that I was overdressed.

White Tee- Gap
Black lace bralette -Gap Body (gotta add a little femme touch to the more masculine shoes)
Jeans- 7 for all Man Kind -- Josefina skinny boyfriend jeans
Necklace- Vintage

This is a pretty basic outfit for me but the vintage necklace gives it a little punch--  and most of it is just there to support the shoes (business shoes for a day at the office, you know)..and the new bag....carpet bag style!  I'll share more of that another day. ;)


Join in WIWW over at the Pleated Poppy -- because everyone needs a reason to dress it up a bit from time to time! Now I'm motivated to photograph all my outfits (or at least the ones that count!) so come back next week to see what I wore for the week - girls night on Friday so I'll be sure to take pics before I head out.

pleated poppy


post signature

3 comments:

Jennifer Storey said...

Can't wait to see more WIWW photos!!!

goodbadnfab said...

Your pictures look amazing!

Please check out my blog when you get a chance!
http://www.goodbadandfab.com
the personal style and fashion musings of a LA fashion lawyer living life in the fab lane

Anonymous said...

Lady S - I love it all except those patent leather loafer looking shoes..please pick up more of those pendant necklaces to sell...
MOX