Thursday, September 29, 2011

Inspiration Workshop No.17 - diy

DIY is this weeks Gussy Sews Inspiration Workshop prompt. One that I could go on and on and on about. I really love DIY. It gives everything a personal touch. On your clothing, in your home and also as gift giving. My most favorite gifts are handmade ones. This holiday season, I'm going to try to give nothing but handmade. What about you?


One thing I will be making is cake plates. I've been scouring thrift shops for the perfect vintage pieces to use as stands I will then use epoxy glue to attach plates. I'll definitely be mixing up some modern printed plates (Mikasa, kate Spade and Ralph lauren all have fabulous patterns) with vintage pieces and am really looking forward to making them. One person on my list entertains OFTEN so she'll be getting a whole collection of them.

Source: dezeen.com via Simone on Pinterest


Another DIY that I'll be attempting? Gold jars like these found on Pinterest (of course!) I seriously love the simplicity of an upcycled bottle or jar and the glam-chic of the gold paint. IF Rachel Zoe were to have a coutry chic wedding, these would for sure be her centerpieces!!

 I will be playing around with this for the holidays. Mostly because I neeeeed these in my home! Are you going to be going handmade for the holidays? What do you think about doing a DIY Monday series? Maybe in November? I have so many projcts I've been wanting to do that this woudl really force me to do them.  If you need some inspiration, hop on over to my Tips and Tidbits board on Pinterest and then swing by Gussy Sews Inspiration Workshop to see what loads of other talented bloggers have been diy'ing.
Gussy Sews Inspiration Workshop!
post signature

No comments: