Thursday, September 8, 2011

Inspiration Workshop No.14 - Books

This weeks Gussy Sews Inspiration Workshop prompt is {books.} I know so many people who read book after book after book and I am soooo envious of them. That used to be me. I have such great memories growing up of going to the book store with my dad. He was an avid reader for a long time as well. Never. Ever. Did he tell me no when I asked for a new book. Which I think is an amazing rule and one that I live by with my girls. If they want a new book to read, we go get one (obviously with the notion that it is actually going to be read -- and it always is!)


Before kids and a myriad of other activities that take up loads of space in my schedule and in my brain I actually had the time to read  books on a consistent basis. I eventually threw in the towel on that after one too many times of waiting so long between readings that I would have to go back to the beginning of the story to remember what I had already taken place. I'm ok with it. I do sort of miss reading stories, but it's ok because I surround myself with inspiring books that tell a different kind of story. Fashion, decor, color. Some of my favorite books from a side table in our living room and pictured above. Any of them are easy to pickup and read here and there and not have to continually catered to ( other than the Gospel According to Coco but that one is pretty so it stays)  It's nice to sit once in a while, with something to sip and a book full of inspiration, although it seems my mind is usually occupied with other things at this point.

Stop on over to Gussy Sews for more {Book} inspiration.

post signature

No comments: