Thursday, August 11, 2011

Inspiration Workshop No.11 - Gardening

I haven't been able to play with the gals at Gussy Sews Inspiration Workshop the past few weeks so I'm happy to be back-- Ya'll know I'm not one to pass up a post on Gardening!!

Our garden plays a huge part in my world. My studio is across the garden, we often eat from our garden, the pool is in the garden, and we entertain. often. in the garden.




image via pinterest
In the mornings, when the house is still quiet, I open the doors and windows and listen to all the birds. It's a very comforting sound, coming from the garden. Often when I'm working, I have the french doors open and no music on just listening to the sounds of our garden. We spent hours our first two summers here re-planting and reworking our garden. We don't spend as much time out working now as things are just more in the "growing" phase. New plantings are not needed very often...although additions are always welcome!


image via pinterest
I almost always have a vase full of fresh cut flowers on the kitchen table that are from our garden. Nothing lifts my spirits like the smell of garden roses....don't know why but their scent can change my mood in a heart beat. I will for sure be cutting some fresh roses for the house this weekend when we entertain...outside, in the garden with badminton, swimming and an outdoor movie. It's the last official weekend of summer vacation for us. How about you? What's your garden like? Will you be spending time in it this weekend? Head on over to Gussy Sews to find more Garden Inspiration.

post signature

3 comments:

Dallas said...

Hmm my garden is half full of weeds! I weed one section and then get tired and can't finish!lol I'm hoping to be able to put in a vegetable garden next year! Beautiful pics by the way! <3

Heather said...

Stopping by from Gussy Sews! Your blog is adorable!

viji said...

I enjoyed reading your blog ~ thanks for posting such useful content./Nice article and great photos. Very nicely done!

Kitchen Garden