Thursday, July 28, 2011

Botanika & The Bathroom

Blogging seems to be falling to the wayside this week. The girls are back and I have been dedicating a lot of time to doing fun things with them. Between that and getting orders out the door, something has to give...and here you have it -- No One of a Kind Wednesday post....and we'll see if the Inspiration Workshop post manages to squeeze it's way in today.

So, if I had another one of myself...what would I have shared for one of a kind Wednesday?? Custom, one of a kind towels I made for the girls bathroom...which is finally finished (minus the mirror which needs to be replaced with something else. With the addition of chair rail, the mirror is now a scosh too big. I refuse to pay full price from an online retailer and know what I want so am now playing a waiting game with Homegoods... we'll see how long that lasts. Anyway, I was fortunate enough to get a BIG box of Botanika from Paula Prass a week or so ago and let me tell you....LOVE!! love love love.



Could quite possibly by my favorite line of fabric eva' created! I want to wallpaper my house in it! lol. Anyway, it was a perfect fit for the girls bathroom, which I was in the middle of re-doing so I added some strips of fabric to the towels in their bathroom.




It was a very easy, very quick project and has a huge impact on the room! My type of project for sure! They are also really fun to make as gift...I often make them for the girls friends, with a strip of fabric and then applique their first initial on there. Pop it in a bag with a pair of flip flops and intsa- birthday present!! Maybe another tutorial is in order (who are we kidding...i can't even get my blog posts done with I'm supposed to!)

post signature

2 comments:

annechovie said...

You are so gifted, Simone! Love the towels. Enjoy your weekend! xo

Anonymous said...

Lady S - Love the colors on those Orange towels - please let us know in your tutorial what brand that is - looks nice & plush. What a great gift with flip flops. Mmmm X mas time - will remember.
MOX