Thursday, June 2, 2011

Er. Wednesday. Halston Style.

Yet again, I find myself on Thursday, heading the "One of a kind Wednesday" direction. Only this week, maybe I can fool you all... because Monday was technically the weekend....so maybe today really is Wednesday. Yes, yes it is. I could have very easily had this done yesterday...but I got side tracked with teacher issues and dance auditions for the girls. {more about both of those another time}





I got a wild hair Tuesday night to sew using knits. 10pm. I have some really lush knits sitting around as I have had the intention to start sewing with them. I LIVE in knit fabrics...especially in the summer. I also live in maxi dresses. It gets VERY hot here mid summer and I love how maxi dresses cover you from the sun while still allowing you to breath and feel cool. I am loving this dress. So perfectly simple. Chic. Modern. Versatile. I will live in it! I have always been a huge fan of this style...sort of structured yet slouchy with a tie at the waist. It is unbelievably flattering on just about anyone.




What do you think? Navy organic cotton knit and a giant chic ikat ruffle!?! I am thinking I need to add these to the shop. Maybe a few different knit colors to choose from-- in organic cotton-- lush! And then add the ruffle of your choice..... one of a kind maxi dresses. Yes. Will just wear this one around for the day to make sure it works properly ;) Stay tuned for a listing in the shop by Monday.



luvluv.


Simone

1 comment:

The Wooden Spool said...

Fab!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You rock the look!