Monday, April 4, 2011

Do what you were meant to do.

Happy Monday! I am completely invigorated at the thought of starting this week. So much to do and some new things to play with. Last week I was fortunate enough to have a fabulous little package of fabric goodness arrive in the mail from this gal. Pat Bravo is a super talented fabric designer who owns her own company called Art Gallery Fabrics. If you sew, you have to go check out her website. It is really well done, and super inspiring. She has a section called "design your world" You can click on which ever fabric line you like and will be taken to a page full of inspiration. DELISH!! While I was there looking around-- drooling. I was really moved by this part of her bio-- "I am convinced that everybody is born “to do something” in life. It is possible that, -in the path of life-, you will have some twists and turns at some moments; but at the end, you will always find your purpose, your destiny, your place. This is what I was born to do, and I am sure that this is what I will do for the rest of my life. Moreover, I am blessed with the privilege of working at something that excites me. But I feel happier for being able to share my passion for sewing and fabrics with all of you, because I think that the excitement that women have on creating their own projects becomes a passion they translate to their family and friends. This is a passion we all want to pass to our children as a legacy... the passion for "handmade with fabrics”." Pat's fabrics are gorgeous-- all of them. I immediately ordered more upon seeing what she had sent-- the colors are beyond. Beyond! The feel of her fabrics are also amazing-- I have loads of fabrics in the studio to compare with and her thread count is fantastic. They feel so lush! I'm planning a bag or two-- but more importantly, dresses! These fabrics were born to be worn. Short bohemian dresses with giant ruffles. Just waiting on the additional yardage and I'll get to work! Take some time this week to think about what you were born to do in life. Happy Monday! luvluv.
Simone

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Okay . I will preorder a dress with the top middle fabric. LOVE it. LOVE it. ! =)