Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The door.

I am dreaming of fabric and bags and fun little or long dresses. Two weeks is waaay too long to be out of the studio. I am jonesing!! I look over at the door 10 times a day, just dying to get back in there. I can't wait. Saturday. I'll lock myself in there, close the handmade drapes and just go to work. I have SO many ideas I feel like I am bursting at the seams. I just can't wait to get back in. I've got the fever!!

I just have to get thru the dance on Friday. We're up to over 400 people. Ha! You know what it takes to plan a party for 400?? Most brides take a year and usually don't have 400 guests(yes, there was supposed to be a cut off, but there isn't. It's the new natural law of entitlement..) and it is supposed to be cold and rainy...or even snowy. It will make for an interesting night for sure. So it has been a crazy week here already-- and it's only Wednesday.

Our return from NY was seamless and then I thrust myself full force into the dance-- which is great..everyone on campus is very excited. There have been a few bumps in the road again this week-- I guess with the lack of PMS and new "numb to the whole thing" attitude I am more able to handle them. I was talking to my SIL about it last night and what she said really hit it home for me... "The universe is trying to tell you something. Maybe now is the time to pull back and to spend more quality time with your family and more time in the studio. Think about what truely makes you happy" I think she is right. I didn't see it until she said it, I thought about how I have been staring at that lonely Gardenhouse door feeling it calling to me, pulling me. It all became immediately clear. She is right. The universe is trying to tell me something.


I will listen. More family, more work. Less everything else. That is exactly what I want-- I can feel it in my bones. I think I'll take a day off on Saturday and Sunday it'll be full bloom in the Gardenhouse. I can hardly wait! And speaking of full bloom-- my roses are starting their spring growth. I.heart.that. (I just hope the snow we are supposed to get this weekend doesn't kill them. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, no? And what in the world is up with snow TWO times this year in SoCal?? Keeeeey-razy!)

btw-- are you all dying for a polyvore?? I am!! I could waste days over there. Maybe I'll indulge on Saturday morning - with some coffee (or a bloody mary depending on how Friday night goes) Sounds indulgent. Style file will be Saturday-- fo' sho'. Thanks for hanging in there in my creative absense. It'll be the last one, I promise!

luvluv.
Simone

1 comment:

Mande said...

Yes, I miss your polyvores. I always want one of everything you select.

YIKES!! 400 people! I cannot even imagine. My hubby and I ran off to the Keys to tie the knot so we could escape the large party. :)

Hope your weather cooperates and I am sure it the dance be a huge success.....then it is time for you and your fam and some lovely gardenhouse goodness. Hugs girlfriend! xoxo