Friday, July 30, 2010

My New Love

I have a new love--While on a quickie beach vacay earlier this week, I was able to hit a flea market with my mom. I was immediately drawn to this vase.


The shape, the detailed print--It''s so not me, but so me at the same time. I am always drawn to interiors that are sleek and modern and I really want that to be my house, but it just isn't me. There are aspects of it that hint of me, but overall, I am much more bohemian and a little over the top. I think this vase is one of those things that I can work into my decor because it has gold on it, it's intricate and busy enough for me but it's pattern is somehow simple. Anyway--I.am.in.love.with.it.


The marking on the bottom is "Rosenthal studio-linie" I did a little research on the line when I got home and found that this is a German company who makes amazing vases, dinnerware and other porcelain goods. This vase is most likely from the 50's or 60's....Anyone know anything else about it?? Can't you see it full of wooden spoons in the kitchen, or some funky flowers on a side table? It's on my desk right now, with nothing it in...I love a vase that can stand alone! So Stylish! I can't stop staring at it.
happy.stylish.friday.
luvluv.
Simone

4 comments:

Prencie said...

I know that feeling all to well! I can definitely appreciate a contemporary space but it is SO not me:) I actual have a huge appreciation for many types of decor! Fab vase and I can see why you like it so much!

Nina of Temps Perdu said...

Beautiful stylish vase. What a great find!
Have a nice weekend!

Simone Howell said...

Prencie- I think we need another house or two, right?? A beach house-- all white and neutral and then a house in the hills..maybe in a small town in Montana or Orgeon or even somewhere in the midwest-- very vintage modern. THAT would do it, Yes!! Funny though, I think they may all end up decorated in our exact stlye! I'ts not the worst thing in the world to have a very specific style... xo

建依萍彰 said...

the best as always thanks............................................................