Friday, July 9, 2010

Garden Clippings.

Gardening with Mr. H this weekend I was struck by how gorgeous the flower clipping piles were. If you ask him, he will tell you I am sensitive when it comes to trimming roses and flowers. I would rather keep them all growing wild, but I know it's not the best for the plants or our garden. I have lots of "clippings" hanging around the studio~~gorgeous studio sparkles in small piles , sort of like the pile of rose heads cut from the bush after reaching the end of their bloom time.



Gardening and creative thinking always come hand in hand for me and spurred me to think about the whole idea of dirt and flowers, Beauty and the Beast of sorts (sort of like me and Mr. H in the garden lol). Deconstructed couture is where my thought process ended. Roughed up hats with polished clippings.



I love mixing styles as much as I love mixing colors and have always loved dressing up more casual styles. I would wear jeans and sparkly shoes to every event if I thought I could get away with it.


I LOVE these hats about as much as I love my favorite pair of jeans {featured in that polyvore below} Already patched and rugged and worn. I would live in them if it did not reach 105 here at least once a week during the summer.




Another outfit I have been dreaming of is super soft, super wide leg pants....I found some Rachel Pallys for a STEAL here..... add a sequined top, cute sandals and one of these hats {which will be in the shop by tomorrow morning} and you are good to go! Comfy. Casual. Chic. Who could ask for more on a hot summer night??

luvluv.
Simone

4 comments:

于倫 said...

Thanks a lot for sharing (o>▽<)..................................................................

annechovie said...

Great Summer style, Simone! Have a wonderful weekend. xx

Mande said...

#3 had me at hello!!!! How did I miss this post? It is already SOLD!!! Beautiful hats Simone!! xo

Prencie said...

Gorgeous Hats Simone!!! Once the weather cools I'm going to get me one of your beauties!!! {will you still have them in the fall?}
I feel the same way about jeans;) I LOVE to dress them up and dress them down!