Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Work + Play.

Or should I say play + work?? We had a fabulous Easter weekend. Lots of play, a little work. My parents are visiting-- which always makes for some good laughs and extra free time. We started the weekend off with a trip to the flower market. Hydrangea, Heather and Queen Anne's Lace, Sweet Peas AND Anemone all made it home with us. You can imagine I get a wee bit carried away in a warehouse full of flowers. Then we were off for an extra fun surprise for the girls. New bikes. They had no idea...we told them we were going out for Mexican food to a place called Chubby's- which was really Chubby's Cruisers. They were squealing with excitement when they realized where we were!How cute are they on their new bikes?


Saturday we headed to Ventura to ride the path along the beach. Brian and I rented a tandem, which came in very handy for the ride back. Gosh it's an easy ride! I didn't feel that wind at all! What a guy! A keeper, I think.

I also got quite a bit of work done. Some research I have been wanting to do for a long time as well as those patterns...oh yes, my friends. They are well underway. I have had loads of emails to do a pattern for the jackette. And I will. It's on the list, along with a few other surprises. I'm really excited about them and I think you will be too.

Stylish.Modern.Patterns.

Very soon my loves, very soon!
Back to work!
Luvluv.
Simone

6 comments:

Sweet Baby Jamie said...

Love the bikes!! AND that vintage thread! AND patterns, whoo hoo!!!

live a colorful life said...

A pattern for the dress like you did for Paula Prass's Summer Soiree fabric last year? Please please please????

Mande said...

The bikes are fabulous!!! Great picture of you & Brian too. Looking forward to the surprises....I am sure they will be wonderful.

sweeter than cupcakes said...

Yippy! Can't wait to see your patterns!

曉豪 said...

你的選擇就是做或不做,不做就永遠不會有機會 ....................................................

Paula Prass said...

Just so you know..my husband makes me ride my own bike, hahhaa. You all look great!