Friday, April 16, 2010

Speaking & Reading.

I'm running a little late on my Friday post--sorry-- it has been a crazy week here. More family in town, more pattern writing, more kids stuff, you know how it goes!

A photo of what inspires this week--




Some tear sheets from Country living-- I have a dresser that is screaming for this sort of a treatment, and when summer comes around, I'm going for it! It would rock in Miss O's room! It's so her. And do you not love those mailboxes all in a row. I'd be on this in a flash if I thought even outdoor fabric would stand up to our summer sun-- but I don't think it will.

And see that stack of notes cards?? Well, that is Miss O's toastmasters speech. She worked tirelessly on this. A close to 5 minute speech on Amelia Earhart-- at the ripe age of 9. Our school participates in a district wide Toastmasters Competition. All the 3rd and 4th graders write and deliver speeches to their class. A few standouts from each class are chosen to compete against each other for the chance to win a spot and the district level. So- Miss O won for our school and went on yesterday to compete against 15 other 3rd or 4th grade kids that had been chosen from the other district school. She nailed it!! In a room of parents and three judges, she took the mike off the stand and delivered her speech like she was talking to a group of friends... had the whole thing memorized. She is unstoppable! Amazing, that gal! Confidence is stylish, no? I think so!

Happy.stylish.weekend.

luvluv.
Simone

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

Thanks for making time in your busy schedule to show me around your Gardenhouse. Love my new handbag also. Your #1 MN fan. Becky

Sweet Baby Jamie said...

That is awesome!! You must be so proud!! I am looking forward to those patterns :)

annechovie said...

How wonderful! I love that dresser, too, Simone!

Jennifer said...

Toastmasters is great at any age..my Gosh she is so lucky!! and I am loving all the gorgeous photos here. xoxo Jennifer