Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Happy New-ish Year

We will open the book. It's pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and it's first chapter is New Year's Day.

~Edith Lovejoy Pierce




I started this post four days ago. It's a scary start to the new year, I know-- so much so that I almost don't want to talk about it in fear of implanting some sort of stoic negativity into the threads of 2010. So, I have decided to ignore the fact that there have been numerous obstacles to the start of my new year, and am now just pretending that it is January 3rd-- so please do the same and read on...


Happy New year to all of you!! I am fresh off of the most spectacular holiday season I have had in years (minus one epic meltdown) and I am so excited about the opportunities this year holds. I think New Years Day might actually be my favorite holiday. I feel so re-energized every January first that it is hard not to love it. I've been working on many new things in the studio-- I've been manic in there I tell you...like some sort of a mad scientist, I feel like all those ideas I didn't get to last year need to be put into fabric NOW! I'll share photos with you when I get my computer back up and running-- It seems my back light has decided to stop working eight short weeks out of warranty- go figure! Probably something to do with the pineapple juice that was spilled on it by some cute, sticky, unnamed little girl. Some things you just have to give in to-- this is one of them. I'm not going to let it ruin my New Year! A new monitor is on it's way (has actually now arrived and is sitting on the table waiting to be opened- too busy in the studio to get to it today...oh how I love my new little project :) ) and I'll be back in business in no time. I can't wait to show you all what I've been working on. Some fun new things for 2010. Coming soon.... (as long as it doesn't take me 4 days to get my next post up and running)

Cheers....to a postive, creative and happy 2010

Simone

3 comments:

live a colorful life said...

Can't wait to see what you are up to. Happy New Year!

Mande said...

Happy New Year Simone!

The Wooden Spool said...

Happy New Year!