Thursday, October 22, 2009

Stop & Smell the Roses.

I love my garden. It's one of those things that just makes me happy. It's the smell of fully blooming roses and the natural colors and the shapes, and watching plants come and go depending on the season, it's like getting a visit from an old friend. It's also the fabulous smell of a vase of fresh cut garden roses-- it smells very different from the ones from the florist , which I personally don't think smell at all!. Doesn't a garden make everyone happy? As you probably read in my previous post, I was having a bit of a rough time with some tree trimming {and "trimming" might be an understatement, but whatever!} But I have decided to look on the bright side....

My roses are going through their fall bloom-a-thon! I cut these yesterday and am just loving having a big vase of fresh cut flowers on the table. So, yes, a little redemption, the tree was cut, but the roses were left unscathed! Smart men pick their battles wisely!


I have been busy busy in the Gardenhouse..see that garden is just everywhere! Working on a few new clutches as well as a few more bucket bags. So here...is a photo of a new bag.... in the garden...of course!! I had some samples of the most incredible hand over dyed wool that I got from quilt market last spring. I have been dying to use them, just waiting for a hint of fall. I'm in love!! I SO want to keep this bag {It's Paris-worthy!} but will be listing it in the shop.
More from the garden soon.
luvluv.
Simone

3 comments:

The Wooden Spool said...

Simone,
I am loving my fall roses in bloom, too! SOOOOOO beeeutiful! DH got a little too carried away with the pruners this weekend, here! My lemon trees were too bushy, and he whacked a bit too much!! EEEK! I keep telling him that is my view out the kitchen window......I know they will grow back, so that is consolation I guess. Lovin all your gorgeous Fall bags! I want.need.crave some of that LOVE fabric, too! :))

Sarah said...

Even in Seattle, as the leaves are changing, I have some roses in bloom. One last little reminder of the beauty of summertime.

I love, love, love your bags! Using the wool makes them great for Fall/Winter. I just ordered some black and evergreen wool felt for my shop and I'm excited to blend them with my cottons for cold weather projects.

live a colorful life said...

That bag is gorgeous. I have to get some of that Amy Butler fabric. By the way, my Coleman clutch arrived in the mail yesterday. Swoon! Even my 3-year-old granddaughter was in awe. And the best part--one of my favorite fabrics, the Amy Butler on the front, was also what you used for the lining. Double Swoon!