Thursday, August 20, 2009

To school & the pool.

They're off! Back to school. Yesterday was the first day of school for the girls.

They were both so excited. We hit campus, they threw their bags down and went hand in hand to hunt down their friends. THAT made me happy! Miss A is on the big kids playground this year with her sister and her sister's friends- she could not be happier. It's going to be a great year! I spent yesterday hosting a welcome tea for the new Kindergarten parents. One of the perks....being able to see the playground through the window. I got to snap some pics of the girls first day of school that I would not normally have been able to take...and I did it very incognito. Stealthy, yes!

I can't believe how much they are growing. I dropped them off this morning at the valet and they just ran.....I had one of those moments where I was like "OK, I don't have little kids anymore, those are my girls." WOW! What am I going to do with all of my time?!? I'm sure I'll find something constructive! Yes, right, Sangria by the pool. Oooooh, I should share with you my sangria recipe from this summer....tdf! Next time.

And did you notice Miss O's dress. She is my "skinny jeans and Hollister shirts" gal. That was until I kicked the designs more into her gear. Lots of fun stuff to come. I have been hard at work on more tween things. The dress she is wearing was repurposed from one of my hubby's shirts that had a hole in the sleeve. I'll either do a tutorial or combo pattern for this one. I love it so much that I honestly tried it on....really, I did. I got it on but there was no way I was sitting down in that bad boy...the fabric is just not that sturdy! So she gets to keep it! The next one is for me.

Off to raid the hubbys closet....and make Sangira for tomorrow.
luvluv.
Simone

2 comments:

R&L said...

Simone,
Now, that dress is supurb! I would totally dig making one for my girls~!
WAY TO GO! You are sooo creative.
Laurie~

The Wooden Spool said...

PS...that was me, Laurie (thewoodenspool) on that last comment....oops, sorry I was logged in on another account) :P