Monday, July 20, 2009

Mother Nature

This is the view from her family room.


and the garden she grows.
Well, it was at least the one she planted....from seed.....months and months ago, I can only imagine what it looks like now. You should see her garden, I kid you not she could feed an army, and she probably will! I had an orchid that had gi-normous flowers on it for over three months....which is not at all typical of my houseplants....my mom was visiting when I bought it and I think she must have whispered sweet nothings to it! That's what she does.

She is the type of person that only makes your life better....everyone who knows her, even those who don't know her very well can sense that. She is the MOST compassionate person I know, and her friends will agree. She does things for people that most others don't think of doing. My dad says "it's in her nature." I agree. Those things she does for the girls that I just wont do (like running back in the house when the decide they want to change their shoes when already seat-belted in...)"it's in her nature" It is......And I am so thankful for that.

She is the reason I am a good mom, the person I get my patience, compassion and calm from.....and the reason I started sewing at such a young age....thanks for that!! Her experiences in life have enriched my life 100fold. I love you mom. You are the best person, mom and nana that I know. Happy birthday!


luvluv.

Simone

2 comments:

The Wooden Spool said...

Ahhh, what a sweet tribute to your sweet momma! Happy birthday to her, too!
Laurie~

Mom2four said...

How blessed your Mom must feel when reading this post! How at peace she must feel, as a mother, to know she raised such a great daughter. This post makes me think of my Mom, who I would describe the same way. My mom passed away 2 years ago. I was able to tell her what she meant to me and how she molded me into the mother I am to my children, just before she closed her eyes and went to heaven. Your post brought tears to my eyes. Not enough people these days appreciate their families and especially their parents. It is nice to see others who share the same values and morals! I knew there was another reason, besides your amazing, beautiful creations, that I liked about you!