Saturday, June 27, 2009

Happiness.

To start my 35th year off right, here are a few things that make me happy....very happy.

An organized fabric stash! (It is a rare sight, my friends!)


Sharing these with my family. What are those scrumptious morsels you ask?? They happen to be cookie brownies~~ make brownie batter, spread it in the pan and add dollops of chocolate chip cookie dough. Bake. {350 for 45 mins} We enjoyed them tonight sundae style.... topped with home-made vanilla ice cream and hot caramel sauce. I would have stopped to take a photo of my sundae before I ate it but, well, sorry... it is my birthday! (And yes, we ate them after reveling in burgers on the grill, big, juicy burgers, not the turkey burgers we normally eat! Could I indulge any more??)

A note, in French, in my birthday card from Brian.

This one actually brought me to tears! We are heading back to the City of Love. A place where I feel a connection like no other. What a surprise! I can't wait!

A little reflection on my birthday~~I will admit, I dreaded turning 30 (And yes, that was 5 years ago!) It seemed so old! 30. Ha! My 30's have been the BEST! So much better than my 20's. We are settled, moving through our life plans. Solid parents with a plan for today, tomorrow and forever. I know there will be bumps along the way, but I feel like I am the most ready I have even been to handle them. I am so fortunate to have a family that is supportive, smart, fun and most of all loving, to help me along in this journey. Strong, solid, 30's!

Au revoir!
I apparently have a trip to plan!

luvluv.
Simone


ps. If anyone has any Paris suggestions or favorite spots, bring them on! We were there last year but only for 4 days and it was waaaay to short.

7 comments:

Jennifer Paganelli said...

this is what I have to do today..organize..I'd rather be blogging.

travelpostcards said...

Simone, Wonderful Bday wishes for this year & always. When in Paris, please go to the Cligancourt flea market, walk arount the Montmartre section of town (very artsy), eat at Galerie Vivienne & have tra & treats at either Laduree, Toraya or Mariage Freres...enjoy & enjoy...mousumi

Jen of ReannaLily Designs said...

Happy Birthday!

The Wooden Spool said...

Happy birthday, Simone! You're one year richer than myself. ;)
Happy days in Paris!
Laurie
xo
Ps...drooling over your new shoes!

Cathy said...

What a beautiful cabinet of lovely fabric!!! And yummy cookie brownies!!! Happy Birthday!!!

Paula Prass said...

Oh my! A very happy BD from Jenn and Paula! We are working away, but thought I could sneak a peek on our friend Simone's blog while Jenn is typing away.

I can give you my tips on Paria..don't do anything we did! That's worthy of a phonecall conversation! What a treat for you.

Sherri said...

That fabric stash looks wonderful! I think I need to print a picture of it for my inspiration board!