Monday, May 25, 2009

Wrap it up!

So this should just about wrap up all market talk....not fabric talk...just market talk or I guess at least all market talk as the sole topic of the post. I tell you, I could talk about it forever...it was such fun! Saturday, yes. Eventful. I had the honor of meeting the amazing Amy Butler. Her booth was to die for. It featured her new line of bags, called sweet life bags as well as her other home furnishings ventures including rugs! She is crazy talented. Here is a shot of her booth (thanks Jona for this shot) I didn't take too many pictures, I think I was too busy absorbing it all.

While I am on the subject of Jona, let me tell you that she is the sweetest gal in the whole world! She and her hubby Joey were such great organizers for market. They organized a Thursday evening get together, a birthday surprise for Patty Young and a dinner on Friday night. They are both very kind people. She is the face behind Fabritopia....the BEST online fabric shop. If it is stylish and hip, she's got it! And she's having a big sale right now because apparently she bought too much at market and needs to make room for new lines....who can blame her for that?? So head on over there for some great fabric deals! I do believe she has some fun new projects on the horizon so be on the look out for her! Here is a shot of her corner of the world...Heaven!?! Yes.


All the fabrics you see above are from various lines of Jennifer Paganelli's Sis Boom. I love all of her fabrics....all of them. She cannot create anything less than perfect, it's just not possible. She was busy as a bee at market but I did get some time to chat with her as well as pick up a little of her newest line Dance With Me. You should swing be her site to check out all of her fabric lines. She really has the best style. She was wearing the most fantastic tunic at market. It was trimmed with a crisp white linen tape. Jennifer has a line of tunics available for purchase on her website as well as a new pattern for tunics that you can buy on youcanmakethis.com. The best part about that is you don't have to wait for shipping, the pattern is emailed to you! You print it out and off you go! Great fun!

Hope everyone is having a great holiday weekend! I've been sewing up a storm. Stay tuned for pictures of what I've been working on.

luvluv.
Simone

6 comments:

jona said...

Oh Simone!! You are too kind! Thank you so much for all of your nice words. It was so nice to get to know you and I really hope we'll meet up again in Houston!

Scott at the Blue Nickel said...

Simone, you are so right about Jona, she and Joey are terrific! Wish I had met you at Market.....we have many of the same friends! Looking forward to seeing what you will be up to over the next year. Hope to see you in Minneapolis next Spring (I can't make Houston)

Marbella Designs said...

I love, love Amy Butler's fabrics and Paganelli's look fab. And your work with these fabrics is awesome. I found your blog thru Waking Beauty Designs.

The Wooden Spool said...

Simone! I found your gorgeous blog! I LOVE, love, love your work! Can I come over and sew! :) LOL~ Too bad we're a few hundred miles apart! :)
Take care,
Laurie~

Cristin said...

Simone, I LOVE your blog. Full of fun color and inspiration.

Would love to highlight your work on my blog one day.

http://simplifiedbee.blogspot.com/

disa said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.