Friday, May 15, 2009

To Market To Market

I make lots of bags...lots. Very few of them start out as a bag for myself. Most of them I just start with one fabric and go from there. I love all of them, but some of them I find hard to part with so I repress any business like thoughts about twice the work for one sale, keep the first one and make another one exactly the same for the shop...I can chalk that first one up to marketing right? I'm a walking billboard? Yes? So anyway, when I sat down to plan bags for myself for Quilt Market it was a bit of a struggle to wrap my mind around which fabrics I wanted to use because I really wanted to use all of them! I ended up with two bags for day and two for the night. I would have made four for the day and done a bag swap come lunch if I'd had the time. Is that crazy? Not when it's coming from moi! Here is the first bag

My bag for day two started with this top and ended up like this


So today I am jumping out of my skin to actually GO to market and meet all the FAB ladies who designed these fabrics!

Off to Market!

luvluv
Simone

1 comment:

jona said...

Simone,
Wasn't that a blast??!! I'm so glad we had a chance to spend some time together at Quilt Market and I can't wait until we can do it all over again!! xoxoxo