Saturday, May 30, 2009

Spoiled

Where have I been?? I had such high expectations of myself posting every other day....maybe I just don't have that much to say. (Ha! Yeah...me...not having something to say!) I have been sewing and sewing and writing patterns and researching--- and doing all the usual activities with the kids. Summer vacation is one week away and I can't wait to have some down time.


I took the time this week to work up two muslins of different dresses (in between bags and in between the hours of 11pm and 1am.) It is a luxury for me to sew for myself, so I am feeling spoiled. I have one finished product. The dress is to die for and it fits perfectly. It also lends itself well to being produced in small, medium and large so you may be finding finished dresses in my shop soon. Take a look!




The beauiful damask fabric is from Jennifer Paganelli's Pretty Please line and the collar is from her Bell Bottoms line. She is one of my all time favorite gals.



I have also been spoiled with custom orders lately! I absolutely love it when a customer gives me the creative freedom to work my magic. Kristin (who, by the way, makes fantastic jewelry)found me on etsy. She gave me two colors (red and pink) and specified that she wanted red damask worked in. Here is her finished bag, along with a pair of her beautiful earrings.

Alright ya'll I must run....fab hubby is making brunch. Did i mention I have been feeling spoiled lately??

luvluv.

Simone

7 comments:

Jennifer Paganelli said...

You blow me awy..I'm at a loss for words......

jona said...

That dress is fabulous!!! It's neuvo-retro!

Kristin said...

I want the dress! Wah! LOL. Love my bag! It just showed up here and I have been "oohing" and "aahing" over it. It's so beautiful! You totally outdid yourself!!!!! Even my husband loves it!

Paula Prass said...

You did it again! Amazing..as usual.

Jen of ReannaLily Designs said...

Great dress!!

City Farmhouse said...

That dress is so me!!! Amazing, amazing design, just beautiful! You have really cute things. I sell on etsy as well, I love it.
Have a great day!

Kathi said...

What a cute dress. Did you use a pattern?